Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall has arrived !

This is my favorite time of year, colors change and cooler temps, no humidity. Last week in Dallas it was in the mid 80s, but no humidity, very comfortable ! Don't anticipate any worktrips in the near future as our new fiscal year starts Oct 1 and we typically don't have travel funds for a month or so.

Check out the new REI Quarterdome T2 tent that I bought, take it out of the bag, throw it up in the air, and it comes down like this !





No I didn't sleep in it in my living room, but I'll test it out on the SHT this weekend when I go up for the guided hike from Crosby Manitou to Caribou.

Great week of workouts, so far. Ran 4.5 miles Monday morning, yoga class Mon evening, biked 45 min this morning and will rest tomorrow. I have a massage appt for Friday and will incorporate bi-weekly ones into my routine. Legs feel strong, and no pain, knock on wood. A year ago I was battling knee and achilles pain so this is a nice place to be. My focus is to maintain a base fitness level through the holidays of 5 mile runs, 1 mile swims and 15 mile bike rides on alternating days. I'll make Golds Gym my second home. Then I'll slowly kick things up when 2009 arrives. By the year's end I also hope to loose 4 lbs, getting to 150. Stating that publically will help me stay committed..... ;-)

Bryan called from JFK Sunday prior to his 16 hr flight to Johannesberg. 18 in his training group, all roughly his age with the oldest at 27 and all will teach in Malawi. I got his fly fishing gear and Jeff got the Mac laptop and Blazer that sits in the woods with the hood up..... :-), but don't feel sorry for him, he has another vehicle.

Have a great week everyone !

No comments: