Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Weekend on the SHT

The following are a mix of pics taken the weekend of Oct 4-5 along the Superior Hiking Trail. Some are from the trail section between Crosby-Manitou State Park and the Caribou River, others are from the Section 13 area which is northeast of Finland, MN. Saturday was a group hike attended by about 33 folks and on Sunday and Monday I trekked through the Section 13 area solo, staying overnight at a campsite near the Finland Rec Center. As you can see, the colors were at a peak for the Sugar Maples. The cliff photos are from the Section 13 cliffs, and fog photo is also from those cliffs and was taken on Monday's return trip when the fog rolled in.

My favorite one is the 12th one down taken from one of the Sect 13 cliffs, how about yours?





























































































































And the next adventure is....................Branson, Missouri with Mom and Dad ! Heading down to Des Moines and then on south this coming Saturday morning, early, and returning Tuesday evening. A totally different type of trip for sure !
I'll share that story, plus pics.
Adios............hope you had a great day !
Jim













4 comments:

NWO Observer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Global Future said...

Hi,
Nice blog.
Beautiful pictures.

Please visit:

http://holidayinparadise.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.

wildknits said...

To hard to choose a favorite - though for some reason i am partial to foggy photos. do like the combo of a hint of lake in with the fall colors.

Glad you made it out before the rain! I love he Section 13 area. site of the only canceled SHTA group hike I know of (thunderstorm circling the area).

funfitfan said...

I don't think you got my first comment...so I'll try again!
Thank you for sharing that with me, that was awesome!
Good pictures...all of them.
I'll bet it's hard to have Bryan that far away...they grow up...Nate's been in Taiwan for 3+yrs. I last saw him Sept 2007
Hope your weekend was GREAT!
Lynn