Thursday, September 25, 2008

Howdy from Texas Ya'll from Mr. 1.56

Learned this past Friday that I would be coming down to the Dallas area for work, so left Tuesday and will return Friday, I took Monday off as when I return Bryan will be gone to Malawi, no big deal other than not being able to see him for 27 months :-(, but should be able to fly over after a year or so. His blog address is : Bryaninmalawi.blogspot.com. Mail service is painfully slow so I am hoping he can maintain his blog on a somewhat regular basis. We spent Monday contributing to the profit of the REI store in Maple Grove and making some other stops. At the end of each year, a 10% customer dividend is returned by REI, as much as I've spent this year I will be able to buy myself a nice gift, or big bucks towards one anyway. I had to be home by 4 to attend the funeral of a friend, so I was very glad to see that day end. The funeral was attended by many from town, the high school where she worked, and the municipal liquor store, where she also worked. I saw folks I hadn't seen in ages.

Once home from this week's adventure, I will start planning for Fall and Winter. I should be able to get in a few more SHT trips, return to a regular exercise regiment, make holiday plans, and a possible a trip with my parents to Branson. I am slowly recovering from the Isle Royale trek, I became a bit overzealous with the hiking but am recovering well, the blisters are now healed ! No specific exercise goals other than to maintain fitness, I would like to be able to do a triathlon down here in Texas this winter. Often my trips are on short notice so if I can stay in shape, can get a bike down here, and find the added personal time ther preceding or following weekend, I would like to do one or two as the tri season in Minnesnowta is long gone. With that in mind, I stay focused and dedicated to my exercise program. I was reading in the last issue of Mens Health that a 1.6 ratio of shoulder size to waist size in optimal from the female viewpoint.....no clue how 1.6 was arrived at, but when I get home I'll see where I am at, probably 1.56 or 1.55, so will have some work to do !

No photos to add this time around fans......maybe the next posting, but I wanted to get this one published as I have been getting many calls as to why I haven't posted recently, concern for my welfare.

Hope everyone is having a great week !

No comments: