Sunday, September 28, 2008

A new weeks dawns

Decided to make a 2009 goal ( yes I plan early) to sign up for the Minnesota Tri Series. Ten triathlon races during 2009 of varying distances. I wanted to make Buffalo a Sprint race because I have run that course twice already, and it was my first tri in 2007. This year I took ten minutes off my time and was hoping to take another ten off, which I think is realistic with my new roadbike and added conditioning. However, for this tri series to get points, one must compete at Buffalo in a Olympic distance, will have to contemplate that one. For the series, you receive points based on the percent you finish behind the winner, e.g. if finish 30% behind the winner you get 700 pts. It's all for fun competing against others who register for the year long series with standings posted within age groups or against the whole field.

Why consider this....to keep me motivated to train, gets one out of bed on days you may hit the snooze and roll over for those 5 am runs to trips into Golds. I have been described as driven, don't think I am crossing the line to obsessed as I felt I was in my marathon days.

Bryan leaves for Malawi today, their group of about 20 travels by bus from Philly to JKF, and they fly out this evening for Johannesburg, So. Africa, one night there and then into Malawi. Bryan if you read this prior to departure I will send a test care package out tomorrow, Monday, and we'll see how long it takes. Take care of yourself, stay safe, we all love you and we're all thinking of you constantly !

Jeff is coming over today for the Viking game, I will get to Golds prior for some lap swimming and maybe a quick stop at Dunn Bros for a cup o java. My work week will be busy. After the TX trip there is much reporting back into our Denver regional office, and nightly workouts afterwards on teh days I go in (each Mon, Tues and Thurs), get reacquainted with my violin. The Isle Royale and TX trips meant I haven't touched it in about 3 weeks. :-( Next weekend is a guided hike on the SHT I should be able to make and will camp out one or two nights. Jeff has a winnable football game at Zimmerman, they are still looking for win #1. Jeff played quite abit at runningback last Friday, having many 4-7 yard runs. The week after is Monticello, their only win of last year. That weekend is also Columbus Day weekend, my last reasonable chance for a solo longer weekend, considering SHT vs BWCA vs Isle Royale. Have not been to the BWCA since June with the boys, so with a possible added day I could have four days and three nights to any of these locations, after Jeff's Fri night game. The Fall northern fishing is always good. Bryan and I found a great northern lake two years ago, Phantom Lake, however it was two days out over some tough portgages, so will probably nix that idea and could stay with a better "solo" route, maybe the Number chain again, Lakes, one, Two, Three and Four. Many high bluff campsites and easy, short portgages. I will have to check the boat schedule to Isle Royale, this may be past their season's end.

Off to get that swim in, my competition is not sitting at home updating their blogs, have a wonderful week everyone !

Jim ( enjoying the Fall colors in Big Lake)

No comments: