Saturday, September 6, 2008

And the next adventure is..................


Off to Isle Royale in the morning for 7 days. Spent just about all of today preparing, I ended up with more room then I expected so was able to add in more cold-weather clothing. I will be well fed, warm, and hopefully dry. I've added two water-tight bags for clothing recently, plus have a backpack raincover, Granite Gear is awesome !
I love this backpack, Kelty Comanchee 6600, that I bought 4 yrs ago, tough as nails, lots of capacity, nifty storage pockets and it's easy to adjust for varying weight loads higher or lower on the back, on the go. They now make lighter weight ones, but it would be tough to ever part with this one. My next piece of gear to update will be the tent, mine is sufficient, stays perfectly dry in wet conditions, but lacks ventilation so moisture on the inside walls is common, a sponge is on my "backpack camping" list of items to take.
Started today with a local 8K race, haven't been to a running race in many years, it was great to reconnect with some of the local runners in our town, perfect weather, plus met some new folks. There is a local group that meets each Wednesday evening, after Sept I'll try to make a habit of making those runs, adding them into the weekly exercise regiment, years ago I regularily made them, it was a great time.
Next post will be a trip report summary of the Isle Royale adventure, have an awesome week !

No comments: