Thursday, October 16, 2008

Branson....

A great family trip with Mom and Dad, they just love this type of entertainment and have been after me to go for awhile, so drove off to Des Moines last weekend and rode down with them. The weekend was very busy and then things calmed quite a bit Mon and Tues. We saw three shows, the Baldknobbers, Presleys and Yakov Smirnoff. Fun shows with music, dancing and humor.



Russian dancers !

Don't I just look thrilled in the pic below?

But.................much happier the next day, why, driving a duckboat on Table Rock Lake. As most of you know I love the water. Note the duck whistle around my neck, we were all required to blow them on command ! WTH is a duckboat?



This is duck boat, amphibious.... land or water, toured Branson area then Table Rock from the water.




Back home..............
Last night Jeff's HS football team played their last regular season game, it wasn't pretty but we did score, in fact, twice ! He re-injured his ankle that has plagued him all season so may miss Tuesday night's playoff game at St Michael. But...the good news is that at this game..... when entering and paying my admission....... I wasn't asked "senior?" as I was at the previous game. "Yeah sure lady, whatever." But hey, I saved $2 ! !


Just.............. yet another........day in paradise..... ends !










3 comments:

wildknits said...

Nice sunset photo.

They let you drive the duckboat!?!

Anonymous said...

yes.....told them I was a seasoned sailor.....no not really, anyone could, even kids, they went really slow and the captian stayed close....the wind did start to whip up tho and for teh afternoon trips I am sure the waves were tough.

funfitfan said...

Looks like fun...I was going to go to Branson a few years ago, but due to circumstances, I never made it. Looks like that Duck Boat would be fun! Thanks for sharing!