Sunday, October 19, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snooooooow.....




Not the greatest photo, but....... fresh bread made Saturday, such a nice smell it leaves, wheat/white combo from scratch.


My new toy! New snowshoes from REI, Atlas 925. Now we need snow !
Good workouts this week, backed down a bit and am going with lower duration and higher frequency, basebuilding, no major aches or pains yeah !
I'm working on flip turns while lap swimming, decided to try something new to break the monotony of multiple laps. I know I provided good entertainment to the few in the pool area watching, not nearly as easy as they look in "Swimming for Dummies" Tuck, roll, plant, push off and twist........and try to not come up spitting and coughing water that has run up your nose. Open lake swimming was lots easier.
The Hornets have their playoff game Tuesday night, Jeff probably won't play due to his bum ankle, but I'll go cheer em on none-the-less.
Awaiting my passport, 2 weeks ago I applied, quite a process, first had to get a birth ceriificate, which was lost long ago ($15), then a "passport photo", not just any will do of course ($13), then off to the County Courthouse to apply ($100). But......within 4 wks it should arrive. Then to price tickets to Malawi :-( :-) :-) love ya Bryan !
Have an awesome week !

2 comments:

wildknits said...

Nice looking bread - free form loaf, eh?

We are sourdough fans here in the wildknits household - though I am not allowed to know much about the mystery of sourdough. different than yeasted breads.

Nice snowshoes. Trekking poles can be nice with those ;->

funfitfan said...

I got as passport, when I went overseas in 2004! My phot looks pretty SAD! That's great your going to see Bryan! YOUR BREAD LOOKS AWESOME!!!!