Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Winterwonderland




 Recent pics from snowshoeing on a local trail that I get out to alot.  Loving the new snowshoes and they seem to be "body friendly" which is increasingly important as I progress on past the age of 52.  This day was one of those ultra-cold days a few weeks ago when the temps peaked at about 5 above for the high.   Many clothes required, yet once I get out of the parking lot and into the woods, and on this trail 95% of the time is in tree protection, I was dressed perfectly.  No fancy hitech fabrics, just a compilation of running clothes that I have from years of winter running, with the right amount of layers they still work perfectly keeping me warm, dry, n happy.

Stops for pics were brief and regretful as the cold seeped in, and any sweat chilled.




I didn't feel as much in shock as this pic looks at the end of the hour trek.

Have a good week !

1 comment:

wildknits said...

Nice photos!

I think the look on runners/snowshoers faces after an hour in the cold is very interesting. Looks worse than they feel from what I gather.