Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer's end is nearing

First blog entry, I will work on adding pics, hoping this will be a good way to share them, I enjoy taking many on my trips.


It's been an interesting year with many enjoyalbe travels. The year began with a Christmas trip to visit Joletta and Mom and Dad in Corpus, a sprint distance triathlon in Buffalo, MN ( took 10 min off last year's time on the same course !) my first olypmic distance (3/4 mi swim, 24 mi bike and 6.2 mi run) tri last weekend in Spicer, Minn, Jeff and I went to KC to cheer on the Twins (first night in snowstorm !), many trips to Des Moines including July 4th weekend and the annual family reunion, many trips to the Sup Hiking Trail along the Minn North Shore as guided group hikes and solo, BWCA with both boys (finally got all 3 of us there together), Bryan and I Amtraked to Juaquetta's in Spokane, and work trips to Little Rock and Dallas. I am planning a group hiking, backpack camping trip with others to Isle Royale in mid September and then Branson with Mom and Dad in October, and shorter backpack hiking treks to teh Sup Hiking Trail, unsure of work trips as funding gets dicey this time of year, ending our fiscal yr and beginning a new one Oct 1.

I met many interesting people on these adventures and have created some very enjoyable and rewarding new friendships.

I hope you all enjoy my tales as I relay them to you on this site !


Take care and enjoy what's left of your Summer, and Fall ! :-)



Jim

No comments: